Sunday, May 27, 2007

Seedlings

A few days ago the first ones started popping out of the soil and I must say I was jumping around the flat like a little kid. I had some problems before, but this time things are looking promising. Sowing in to plastic cups filled with soil is the most common seed germination method practiced in my garden. Is it the best, I don´t know! You must take good care to keep the soil wet, but still not too wet! I think it´s the method that works best for me, although I had some problems. I sowed some purple basil seeds and tiny seedlings came out, but I over watered them and they died. This time I´m taking it nice and easy with watering, just enough! They are so sensitive in this stage of growth, but it´s worth it, it´s a beautiful herb!!

Basil seedlings







No comments: