Thursday, August 16, 2007

Birds of Prey Keeping Pigeons Away

I have already written a few posts regarding the problems pigeons are causing on my balcony, however today things are looking much better. I've tried a couple of methods in order to get rid of pigeons or better said in order to keep them away, but recently I got some extra help!

At first, I noticed we have some newcomers in our neighborhood as they could be easily seen flying the sky over my apartment building. Since then, every morning you can here a high pitched call that sou
nds something like kee-kee-kee. I'm not a bird expert, but I've done some research and it seems that the birds in question are called Common Kestrels. When they hover over my neighborhood, it seems like there aren't any pigeons around and I guess that's because they can easily become their prey.

It's great to have such friends high up in the urban skies! I managed to take a few photos of them, but unfortunately not the best quality!

Kestrel(Falco tinnunculus)





I hope I'll be able to capture these beautiful birds of prey much better very soon!

4 comments:

SilverMonk said...

love your blog and the balcony veg! I just started out to plant some potatoes on my balcony and came across your blog. keep up the good work!

Italman said...

Hey,
thanks for visiting! I visited your blog, some creative stuff you do!
I hope your balcony grow does well!

Unknown said...

Pigeon problems on your balcony? There's a ton of things that you can do to deter them, humanely. Visit http://www.bird-x.com for dozens of options.

petersteel said...

that was really nice post.. it seem great post.. it seem great information.. for more information on bird control tools, spikes birds, bird repellent, pigeon deterrent u can visit http://www.usabirdcontrol.com