Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wind and rain

Last night was extremely windy, but fortunately it brought some rain with it and right now I can say it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I know most of you are waiting and hoping for some rain and I hope your wishes will be fulfilled!

However, even if rain is a welcome guest in my garden, very strong wind can create a few problems, as it was the case last night. Fortunately, it woke me up so I was able to minimize the damage. I had to move some of the containers, just to be sure, don't want to see them falling. All the cuttings and baby plants are o.k., but they were also sheltered. On the other hand, those plants left in the wind, especially those that weren't sufficiently supported are the ones that reacted the worst, logically. It doesn't look like a lot of damage has been done, but I'll be able to say for sure in a few days.

Keep on growing!

1 comment:

talj said...

We are having a a lot of wind here too and I am worried about my plants everytime I go to bed!! They seem to be holding up ok though :o)