Sunday, July 22, 2007

Urban revolutionaries

A few days ago I stumbled upon a great web site owned by Dervaes family, a family of real urban revolutionaries I might add. I was really overjoyed with their work and I definitely support their mission.

The name of their web site is Path to Freedom and as they say it i
s a grassroots, family operated, viable urban homesteading project established to promote a simpler and more fulfilling lifestyle and reduce one family's "footprint" on the earth's dwindling resources. The Dervaes family managed to transform their ordinary city lot in Pasdena, California into an integral urban homestead. Apart from producing most of their own food, they've managed to decrease their homestead’s reliance on earth’s non-renewable resources using solar panels, energy efficient appliances, and biodiesel processor. It really seems like the Dervaes are doing their best to live as sustainable and self-sufficiently as possible in an urban environment. There's also an important educational dimension in their work, to quote them Path to Freedom's mission is to educate individuals and families to integrate sustainable living practices and methods into their daily lives. Take a look at their magnificent urban garden and enjoy!



Thanks to Path to Freedom for inspiration and for bringing permaculture closer to the people!

2 comments:

Zut Alors said...

amazing, thank you for posting this!

have you heard of edible estates?
www.edibleestates.org

Italman said...

Hey,
I was so excited when I stumbled on Path to Freedom and I'm glad to hear the same from you! I haven't heard of edible states, but thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out.
Keep on growing!
Cheers