Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Balcony herb garden update No.2

It's time for some herbs! This is a follow up on my balcony herb garden, as the No.2 in post title indicates. To get the whole picture, be sure to check out my Balcony herb garden update No.1!
Sometimes I wonder if I overdid it with the number of plants on my small city balcony, it's really a green jungle within a concrete jungle. Maybe it's just a little bit overcrowded. In fact I even lost a few plants due to lack of space and their stronger neighbors overgrowing them.
I had a great Thyme variety that was shaded by her much bigger neighbors, so it looks pretty much dead right now. This was a classic example of planting without planning, but we live and learn. It was a herb used for many dishes in my kitchen, offering great taste and aroma. Fortunately enough, I have another variety that's growing fine, but again it's not as tasty as the other one was.


Here's just one of three Rosemarie plant varieties I grow
on my balcony, my bushy Lavender plant and some heavily harvested Parsley.



Here's another Rosemary variety guarded by a garden elf.



One more Rosemary plant.



Lovage



Sage



And that's it regarding the herbs on my balcony garden! I think the list is complete, but who knows, maybe I'll be growing even more herbs, even more varieties very soon! Lets hope so!

3 comments:

Colingwood said...

If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. https://gardeningnature.com/best-benchtop-jointer/

Muhammad Hassan said...

As a miniaturized landscape, the rocks in the garden would represent mountains and the ponds would represent lakes. A space filled with sand would represent an ocean. more information

Charles Selvage said...

Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info. bug Bug Zapper for gardening